Friday, June 20, 2014

I want Thanksgiving football

American Thanksgiving has a great tradition where fans are allowed to watch a football game as part of the celebrations. Meanwhile, in Sweden it is considered rude, or at the very least sad, to excuse yourself from Midsummer celebrations to watch, for example, soccer.
Doing it to watch the Eurovision Song Contest is fine, even cool in many quarters, but not for anything sports-related. I’m no sports nut, I just think this is unfair. Why is sitting still around a table talking about the insignificant controversy of the day more acceptable than jumping up and down bonding in front of the television?
Feel free to replace the sport, but give me a holiday tradition like Thanksgiving football. I deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home