Friday, September 11, 2009

Why I hate Ernst & Young

Okay, “hate” is a strong word. I don’t actually hate Ernst & Young, but if I was ever in a position to pick an accounting firm for anything, I would pick anyone but E&Y.
Why the crappy attitude? Because I used to work for a company that was located next door to the Stockholm office of Ernst & Young. The pedestrian street was delightfully free of cars except for one kind: taxis that regularly came to pick up the lazy bastards from E&Y who couldn’t walk 20 meters to the street. They just stood there like spineless wonders while the poor cabbies had to snail their way through even poorer crowds of pedestrians just minding their own business.
Maybe it was a signal of power, but the only signal I got was that the wimps who worked for this company thought themselves too bloody important to walk to the end of the curb like the rest of us.
I wonder how many companies factor stuff like this into their “brand strategy”.

P.S. Yes, I know it’s 9/11 again, but the only thing I’m going to say about it is this: How is it possible you haven’t found Osama yet? It’s been eight years! That’s longer than World War II. You found Hitler; is this guy really such a better hider?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home