Thursday, September 10, 2009

Michael, is that you?

Two weeks ago I made fun of how people have started to concoct alternative explanations to Michael Jackson’s death. Now it appears I am being upstaged by the Indians. I should have known. If reincarnation is one of your core beliefs, the door swings open to any number of cooky theories.
According to James Lamont in the Financial Times, there are those in India who believe that MJ has already been reborn as a tiger in a zoo in Malaysia. Others believe that he was an Egyptian princess in an earlier life, or maybe a musician at the courts of Louis XIII and Charles I of England.
Meanwhile, Indian teenagers discuss on his official web site which part of MJ’s clothing they themselves would want to be reincarnated as. Among the favorites – his white glove and gold pants.
So I admit defeat. I couldn’t make up crap like this if my life depended on it. Well done, India!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home