Monday, April 20, 2009

Blog for love

Here’s a theory: Relationships go into phases where, as Chris Rock says, “you’ve heard every damn thing the other person has to say, and it makes you sick to your stomach.” And it’s true. I understand why my wife prefers to watch Grey’s Anatomy instead of listen to me talk. It’s because on the show, new stuff happens. Me, I just keep saying the same thing over and over again – and she has already heard it. She might as well scream, again with Chris Rock: “Why don’t you go get kidnapped or something? Have some new shit happen to you.”

But instead of taking a leisurely cruise off the coast of Somalia, I blog. Nobody has to listen, and I’m fine with that. And I don’t get frustrated with Maria for not drumming up more enthusiasm than I deserve.

So that’s the theory: Blogging keeps people together. I would ask you what you think, but I can’t be sure you’ve been paying attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home