Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A thousand days

Julian Assange (I don’t know who created this excellent artwork, but it wasn’t me. I will be happy to credit whoever did, if you make yourself known.)

I went to Julian’s house today, which is the Embassy of Ecuador in London. Some of his supporters were holding a vigil to mark his 1,000th day inside the embassy. He is afraid to come out because there is a warrant out for his arrest. If the British police, who are posted outside the embassy, arrest him, they will extradite him to Sweden. There is no doubt in my mind that Sweden, my home country, will then put him on a plane to the U.S. That would silence one of the bravest voices of our generation.
Hats off to Ecuador for standing up to the U.S. And shame on Sweden for not having the cojones to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home