Monday, February 01, 2010

“Core what?”

I was putting together a sponsoring request to a big brewery today and saw on their corporate web site that “all support and sponsoring must be compatible with our core values”. These core values weren’t listed anywhere on the site, so I called the switchboard.
“Core what?”
“Core values. Your own core values.”
“Ahhh, let me see who I can find who might know.”
I thought “You should know”, but I didn’t say anything. I really do think she should know, though. And don’t say “What do you expect? She’s just a receptionist.” If you want core values to mean anything at all, then yes, the receptionist should know them by heart. Or have them posted on the wall in front of her face.
She doesn’t have to be able to recite them backwards in her sleep. But the CEO should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home