Friday, October 23, 2009

Yvonne 0 – Magdalena 1

I sent some hate mail the other day, to somebody at the Swedish Touring Association, of which I a member. This somebody forwarded my e-mail to Yvonne, the Secretary General of the organization, who was my original target but whom I couldn’t reach by answering the e-mail she decided to interrupt my day by sending, nor by way of the organization’s web site.
In another universe, the new CEO of Sweden’s alcohol monopoly, a woman named Magdalena Gerger, took out a double-page ad in Svenska Dagbladet, announcing that she would be manning the phone and fielding calls between 9 and 12 am.
Same week, two women heading two big organizations, one reachable by phone on a number advertised in a huge ad in a major newspaper, the other impossible to track down.
If I would have read the morning paper in the morning like everybody else, I would have called Magdalena just to tell her she’s da woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home