Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Balls

I interviewed a 22-year-old entrepreneur today. Probably smarter than me, but not way smarter. What he does have, though, is balls. Balls to start his own company at 18, balls to take on staff, balls to just make things happen because he believes in his idea.

I love meeting people like that because they remind me that there are humans out there who are completely different from me. Who think in totally different ways. If I don’t consciously fill my life with people like that, my comprehension of life shrinks like a fizzling balloon until I become convinced that I am the norm.

And I’m not. And neither are 22-year-old entrepreneurs. Nobody is the norm individually. But by making an effort to rub up against very different people, I am reminded that variety is the norm, and that I have a choice of which flavor I want my life to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home