Monday, July 27, 2009

I will miss Wendelin

Since I don’t think it matters very much who is the leader of this or that company or organization, I rarely care who gets ousted or promoted. I only show grief or excitement when somebody with a funny name comes along. Like Double-Boutros Ghali. I miss him. And naturally, I was sad when Omar Bongo of Togo died, but relieved when his son took his place – Ali-Ben Bongo. Even better.

Anyhoot, this entry is about the tragic (namewise) ousting of Porsche CEO Wendelin Wiedeking, the man with the best name in business. I hope he doesn’t retire completely from public life and spends the rest of his life wasting away his 50-million-euro severance package on Jägermeister and German hookers. He should get a new job, a high-profile one that will keep him in the news. Maybe that European Union Permanent President thing that Tony Blair is drooling over? Honestly, wouldn’t Wendelin be better? Do we really want a bloke named Tony running Europe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home