Monday, May 11, 2009

Who pays for the Guernsey fire department?

Any follower of this blog knows that there lives a communist in me. Now she has reared her righteous head again, an appearence brought on by an advertisement for Royal Terrace Luxury Penthouses in Guernsey. Their seven selling points for convincing rich people to get a place on the island are:

• No capital gains tax
• No estate duty
• No inheritance tax
• No purchase or sales tax
• No VAT
• No capital transfer tax
• Personal income tax capping

In other words, it’s a paradise free from the need to contribute. Don’t get me wrong – I’m all for being allowed to enjoy the fruits of your labors. But I also believe in everybody pitching in to support the community they enjoy the benefits of.

If any of these self-obsessed coldhearts ever become trapped in a burning luxury penthouse, I hope the firefighters ask for a valid credit card before turning on the hoses.

Pricks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home