Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Throwing spaghetti

Yesterday I sent a message to world-famous ultra-marathon man Dean Karnazes, a new hero of mine, to ask if he would run a marathon with me in 2012. Last week I wrote to Queen Rania of Jordan asking her to push for paternity leave for Jordanian men.

I haven’t heard back from neither. Is it unlikely that they will answer me? Yes. Is it ridiculous to ask? Hell no. Tom Peters says “Are you throwing enough spaghetti at the wall so that some of it will stick? Whoever does the most stuff has the highest chance of doing well. It’s about getting stuff done.”

So here I am throwing spaghetti. Sooner or later, I’m sure something will stick. Wish me luck!

P.S. I love that Peter Gabriel was awarded the Polar Prize today. Not only is he a great musician – he has a first name for his last name. Respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home