Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dentists are smart

I regularly go to see both a dentist and a hairdresser, but I only get automatically summoned to one of them – the dentist. Why is that? Being a typically conflict-averse Swede, I would probably go to the hairdresser more often if she would just send me a postcard to say she had booked a time for me. But no. She lets me decide, and loses out.

Would this business strategy work for anybody but dentists? Like therapists – “It has been a year since your last mental check-up. I have booked an appointment for you on Wednesday to come and talk about things that might be bothering you. I will bill you 200 dollars if you don’t show up.”

Alas, only dentists get away with this. I have decided that it’s time for you to come and give me some money. In fact, could you bring a friend? We’re thinking of going to the Maldives for Easter. Thanks!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home