Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dare to be vague

Finnish vodka manufacturer Koskenkorva is sponsoring my late-night Scrubs episodes this week, and they have the weirdest payoff I have seen in a long time – “Dare to Think”.
What the hell does that mean? That if you’re brave enough to use your brain, you will decide to drink Koskenkorva? In order to dull it?
And who is too scared to think? I may have had a shot of Koskenkorva in 2003, but certainly not since then. Does that mean I have been afraid to think?
This is just utterly stupid.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous R said...

Technically, I don't think Koskenkorva qualifies as a vodka.

And Dare to Think is just like all those pop/rock songs with titles like I Would Do Anything for Love (But I won't Do That) -by the mighty Meatloaf - that are known just as I Would Do Anything for Love.

I think the actual tagline is (Don't You) Dare to Think. Because if you do, you won't be holding a Koskenkorva bottle in your hand.

Or...
"Koskenkorva Vodka wants to address the creative, independent and insightful people, who can easily see through artificial phenomena. In other words Koskenkorva Vodka wants to celebrate people who proudly and boldly do their own thing - people like you and me. Koskenkorva challenges consumers to think and see things differently. In other words - Dare to think."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home