Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Brady Dougan



And to think I had actually started to like a bank. Credit Suisse has recently run a series of ads featuring fathers taking care of their kids instead of grinding away at the coalface. I was so entranced by the image of bankers without ties, and fathers such as Roger Federer spending time with their offspring, that I started to like Credit Suisse, thinking I had finally found a bank with a human face.
This was until I saw in the paper that the bank’s CEO Brady Dougan (being blown during a board meeting in the picture above) stands to pocket a 70-million-Swiss-franc bonus this year, on top of his 19.3-million-franc salary. That’s another 49 million euros for him to stash away and withhold from the alleviation of misery.
Actually, I have no idea how Mr Dougan plans to spend the money. He may be a world-class philanthropist for all I know. I just think it’s disgusting that Credit Suisse has three billion francs to give away to its 400 top suits.
Disgusting, and now I’m back to not liking any bank. I guess it was too good to last anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home