Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shiny happy people

I was told yesterday that this blog is mostly about things that piss me off. I thought about this for a while and considered whether I should spread more joy. After all, “life is what you pay attention to” as Winifred Gallagher says, and I don’t want you to think I only pay attention to idiots and crap.
But then I decided against it. I remembered that I am firm believer in not giving people what they want. If I order a Coke but the salesman knows that I would be better off with a Sprite, he will still sell me the Coke. And it pisses me off!
Just kidding, I actually like getting what I want most of the time. But if a friend always tells me exactly what I want to hear, I start looking around for someone with a mind of his own.
All this as a roundabout way of saying that this blog will stay my own personal release valve, and you will have to get your fix of life affirmation elsewhere. Things like greed, circumcision and the Burmese junta continue to piss me off, and I don’t see that changing any time soon.
And remember, you’re more than welcome to post a comment starting “Yeah, but if you look at the bright side ...”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home